* 2 pounds ground beef
* 1 egg
* 1 bell pepper chopped
* 1 onion chopped
* 1 c milk (I know this seems strange but it works)
* 1 c Italian bread crumbs
* salt and pepper to taste
(you can add whatever else you like as a mix in)
Sauce (This is doubled because I thought the original amount wasn't enough, if you have extra reserve it for dipping :) )
* 4 tablespoons brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
* 2/3 cup ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, bell pepper, milk and Italian bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and spread over the meatloaf.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour covered then remove cover and cook an additional 15 minutes.